Tuesday, December 12, 2006

First 5

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
Mark Twain (An Inconvenient Truth)


"You can't make somebody understand something if their salary depends upon them not understanding it."
Upton Sinclair (An Inconvenient Truth)


"Don't you love the French language? I have sampled every language, French is my favorite. Fantastic language. Especially to curse with. Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère. It's like wiping your ass with silk, I love it."
Merovingian (Matrix Reloaded)


"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."
Maximus (Gladiator)


"I am the Architect. I created the matrix. You have many questions, and although the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant."
The Architect (Matrix Reloaded)


Ofelia: My name is Ofelia. Who are you?
Pan: Me? I've had so many names... Old names that only the wind and the trees can pronounce. I am the mountain, the forest and the earth. I am... I am a faun. Your most humble servant, Your Highness.
Faun (Pan's Labyrinth)

No comments: