Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Next 10 (in no specific order of fondness)

The key to a woman's heart is an unexpected gift at an unexpected time.
Forrester (Finding Forrester)

Who, in their right mind Kevin, could possibly deny the twentieth century was entirely mine?
John Milton (The Devil's Advocate)

Tous les mots sont fins, quand la moustache est fine!
Que dites-vous ? C'est inutile ? Je le sais !
Mais on ne se bat pas dans l'espoir du succès !
Non ! Non, c'est bien plus beau lorsque c'est inutile !
Cyrano (Cyrano de Bergerac)

I know you hurtin' and worryin'. I can feel it on you. But you oughta quit on it now. I want it over and done with. I do. I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. I'm tired of never having me a buddy to be with, to tell me where we's going to, or coming from, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world every day. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time. Can you understand?
John Coffey (The Green Mile)

There was a moment... when I used to blame everything and everyone... for all the pain and suffering and vile things that happened to me, that I saw happen to my people. Used to blame everybody. Blamed white people, blamed society, blamed God. I didn't get no answers 'cause I was asking the wrong questions. You have to ask the right questions.
Bob Sweeney (American History X)

And until we can see each other as equals, justice is never going to be even-handed. It will remain nothing more than a reflection of our own prejudices.
Jack Tyler Brigance (A Time to Kill)

Well, you are white and I'm black. See Jake, you think just like them, that's why I picked you; you are one of them , don't you see?. Oh, you think you ain't because you eat in Claude's and you are out there trying to get me off on TV talking about black and white, but the fact is you are just like all the rest of them. When you look at me, you don't see a man, you see a black man.
Carl Lee Hailey (A Time to Kill)

We're just a couple of no name slobs. We belong to nobody and nobody belongs to us. We don't even belong to each other.
Holly Golightly (Breakfast at Tiffany's)

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Bruce Wayne (Batman Begins)

You think you know who you are?... You have no idea.
Officer Ryan (Crash)

No comments: